View Full Version : NX70U Or NX3D1U??

Ozzy Alvarez
August 10th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Hi, I'm looking to buy a small portable and affordable camcorder and have been looking at Sony's NXCAM lineup. I'm looking for a NXCAM that can shoot at varaible frame rates like 60i and 24p. So far, of those I've seen, I like the Sony HXR-NX70u and the HXR-NX3D1u. I'm curious if aynone has used both cams, and if they can give me a comparison between the two. Is the major difference that one has a 3d option and the other doesn't or is there more?? I'd love a side by side comparions between the two NXcams. My interests are for short stoytelling, from short films to music videos, to trailers.

Ozzy

Giroud Francois
August 11th, 2011, 03:31 AM
The nx3d1U is the best small 3D camera ever (for instance) but as 2D camera it is really under average.
So the move would be great if you need a B-cam for 2D and be able to shoot 3D.
I will swap very soon my TD10E (the consumer level sister) for a NX3D1, but i already got a FX1 (3 CCD) and EX1 , so i am not in a need to get a top 2D camera.
The problem being now i need to get a 2nd NX3D1 because i got 3 cams for 2D, but only one for 3D.
(i need to sell the TD10 that is not compatible with the NX3D1, since i am interested by the 24P 3D that does not exist on the TD10)