View Full Version : GH2 Books

Dennis Vogel
October 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I've seen several references here and elsewhere to how bad the GH2 user manual is. Is there anything better available? Specifically, does anyone have an opinion on either of these two:

Amazon.com: The Panasonic Lumix GH2: The Unofficial Quintessential Guide (9781933952895): Brian Matsumoto PH.D, Carol F. Roullard: Books

Call Box — Panasonic GH2 Guidebook (http://www.callboxlive.com/products/panasonic-gh2-guidebook)

Dennis

Kevin McRoberts
October 4th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Isn't that why the Good Lord gave us internet message boards?

Bob Richardson
October 4th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Yes, the GH2 manual is indeed atrocious. Mainly because it is just too wordy, and the information you need to know gets lost in the words, definitions, references to other chapters, etc. (When you use an entire paragraph to describe what you mean by the definition of "lens" when used in certain sections of the manual, you're being too wordy.)

The "Call Box" guide is actually a downloadable video, not a printed manual. I had to learn the GH2 in a hurry so I purchased their video. It covers the basics, not too in-depth, but has enough info to give a few "aha, that's what the manual meant" moments. In the grand scheme of things, what we pay for cameras, lenses, accessories, etc., it's not overpriced for the knowledge it gives, but it won't tell you everything you need to know about the camera, and it doesn't alert you to every gotcha.

I'm looking forward to the release of the book you linked to on Amazon.

Dennis Vogel
February 4th, 2012, 03:46 PM
The Rocky Nook GH2 book is out now and shipping. I received mine in the mail today. Just getting started but it looks to be better than the Panasonic manual that comes with the camera.

BARNES & NOBLE | The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2: The Unofficial Quintessential Guide by Brian Matsumoto, Rocky Nook | Paperback (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-panasonic-lumix-dmc-gh2-brian-matsumoto/1106752933?ean=9781933952895&itm=1&usri=panasonic+gh2)

or, if you prefer,

Amazon.com: The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2: The Unofficial Quintessential Guide (9781933952895): Brian Matsumoto PH.D, Carol F. Roullard: Books

D