View Full Version : Sony F3 with the cineslider

Rudy Wilms
October 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Bella Vida Paradise on Vimeo

Myles Williams
October 19th, 2011, 11:36 PM
nice images. any specs on lenses, etc. Aja? Nano?

Mw

Rudy Wilms
October 20th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Sony F3 with MTF adapter for Nikon lenses 24mm f2.8 AIS
Recorded to internal SXS cards at 1920 X 1080 30P 35MB/s

Buba Kastorski
October 20th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Very nice, but wider angle would be great, especially for interior shots

Rudy Wilms
October 20th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I was thinking about a 16mm.

Chuck Spaulding
October 22nd, 2011, 10:55 PM
Hi Rudy,

I'm guessing your shooting this property video for a development or realtor, I'm curious how much you can charge for something like that in Florida? An F3 seems like a pretty expensive camera for this.

I have done several for realtors in California but they don't really want to spend any money. This is more of a business development discussion than the F3, its pretty hard to beat the image quality.

Here's a couple of property videos that I've done with the 7D:

El Campeon Farms on Vimeo

iPlayer (http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/ae82a1b9-6c49-42dc-9fda-991921f9e52c.aspx)

Rudy Wilms
October 23rd, 2011, 01:33 PM
No I am just spoiled ;) normally the Sony F3 is for the better paid commercials and I use my Sony EX1 for the video tours but from the moment I done a video tour with the Sony F3 it is hard not to use the F3 the low light is amazingly good.

I looked at your video tour and it looks great

Ross Peterson
October 23rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
The video was amazing looking. Great optics and the slider was smooth as glass.

Chuck Spaulding
October 23rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
No I am just spoiled ;) normally the Sony F3 is for the better paid commercials and I use my Sony EX1 for the video tours but from the moment I done a video tour with the Sony F3 it is hard not to use the F3 the low light is amazingly good.

I looked at your video tour and it looks great

Just curious, do you do many real estate tours? I've been asked to do quite a few but I can't decide if there's a business there or not. Its a surprising amount of work and realtors expect you to get it done in a couple of hours.

Rudy Wilms
October 24th, 2011, 05:09 PM
The last of couple of weeks I,m doing good for next week I have 3 tours and one luxury retirement residence and 1 condo is pending.I also do vacation homes because I live 10min from Disney and we have them here a lot,but I know what you mean sometimes it is slow

Kawika Ohumukini
October 24th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Nice work. The slides were smooth and generally good coverage of the property. You worked from the outside in then out the back, nice. Quality was very good.

This is a couple observations.

I like sideways slides to reveal something; a room, a view, a plant, the waterfall, etc. Starting and ending in the middle of a room seems a little unfulfilling when I think something is around the corner but we never get there.

This was probably the Agents idea but showing a TV commercial of four dudes sitting around another living room and screaming risks turning some people off. I don't know who the target buyers are so I could be wrong.

Just a thought. Keep it up.

Chuck Spaulding
February 21st, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Rudy,

just checking to see if you have continued doing real estate videos and how is it going?

Rudy Wilms
February 21st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Chuck

Yes I am still doing the Real Estate Videos but mostly it are Vacation Homes now it is going good
This is the last on I did and tomorrow I have to shoot another one in Bella Vida as well

Bella Vida Samba on Vimeo
Thanks
Rudy

Ken Diewert
February 21st, 2012, 08:49 PM
Hey Chuck,

I thought i'd chime in. I do real estate tours on Vancouver Island Canada. The tour that you showed is pretty high end. I have regular clients that I work with, and so it's not bad. I'm attending a realtors trade show next month, so I'll see if I can replace the client or 2 that I've had that dropped out of the business over the past year.

I couldn't really make a living at it, but It does supplement other business. I've been doing them for over 5 years now. These days I use the 5D exclusively. The full frame gives you the wide angle and low light. I usually get by with a 17-40 f4, though a 16-35 f2.8 would be better. Sometimes I do have to crank up the ISO.

I charge 199.00 per. I can't seem to get any more for them, and i won't charge any less. Geography is important in making it viable. As long as you're not commuting too far to the location, I find 4 hours to be good for the shoot and edit.

Here is a sample of some of the homes. Note that these are not high end homes at all really.

Islandhomesales's Channel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/islandhomesales)

Rudy Wilms
February 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hi Chuck this is one that I did this week
Bella Vida Magic on Vimeo