View Full Version : October morning in a 100 year old car

Bill Hollinger
October 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
We took the old car out early this very chilly morning. My friend drove and I used the little Sony NX-70U. I originally bought this camera to use in wet weather, but the image stability is so good, I find myself using it whenever I’m taking casual, hand-held video. 100 years ago (the car was build in late fall 1911) the suspension was like a horse drawn carriage, and does not function like a modern suspension. This means the ride is very jittery, and the passengers bounce around quite a bit. As might be a bit too obvious, I simply put clips together and output and uploaded this video without any corrections.

Model T, Great Falls,VA on Vimeo

Mike Beckett
October 23rd, 2011, 04:09 AM
Bill,

She's a beauty!

The NX70 coped admirably with being shaken around like that. The combination of the extreme wide angle and the active steadyshot seems to work wonders, and makes a very smooth picture.

As an aside - was that a Morris Minor in your driveway, on the left, near the very end?

Bill Hollinger
October 23rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Yes Mike, the Morris Minor belongs to my friend was was driving the car while I used the video camera. He has two of them.