View Full Version : LCDVF Versus Neewer LCD VF?

Corey Benoit
October 22nd, 2011, 08:19 PM
I have a LCDVF but this looks better.

What one do you like better? Also if you have tried both is it worth me buying it? althought the LCDVF is more expensive LOL

Amazon.com: NEEWER HD DSLR LCD Foldable Viewfinder with 3.0x Magnification: Electronics

VS

Amazon.com: LCDVF Digital LCD Viewfinder for Digital SLR Cameras with 3'' Screens: Electronics

Colin Rowe
October 23rd, 2011, 04:45 AM
This is the GGS model under a different name.
Its worth having just for the +/-3 diopter adjustment, the swing up eyepiece is handy to have as well.

Nigel Barker
October 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
The GGS model is really excellent. A colleague & I have compared mine side by side with his Zacuto Z-Finder & there is little or no difference in use. The GGS is a flimsier plastic but it is about 1/10 of the price of the Zacuto.

I don't find the swing up eyepiece very useful at all & in fact after dropping my 5DII with a 70-200mm F/2.8L lens attached & the camera landing loupe downwards the hinge broke so I have stuck it with some superglue. It still works fine & if I want to look at the LCD screen directly I just unclip the loupe.

Corey Benoit
October 23rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
the one thing i notice is the lcdvf is 2x magnification and the neewer eyecup is 3x. that has got to help focus right?

Nigel Barker
October 24th, 2011, 01:20 AM
the one thing i notice is the lcdvf is 2x magnification and the neewer eyecup is 3x. that has got to help focus right?Not really. All a loupe is doing is magnifying the LCD screen which on the 7D is just 640x480. So the pixels get bigger & whether double size pixels or triple size pixels is better is a matter of taste. It doesn't make any more detail out of the pretty low res image.