View Full Version : Audio Help

Matt Cikovic
November 10th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm a videographer by trade, and I'm working on a series of commercials right now where I used the same mic, and the same woman to do an opening for the spot as well as the v/o. Unfortunately, I lost my location half way through forcing me to finish the V/O in a car.

Index of /audio (http://aperturearts.com/audio/)

In that directory is two clips representing the before stuff and the after car stuff. In Final Cut I've tried individually using compression, equalizing, echo, as well as all three together. I just don't know enough about the mechanics of sound post to make them match a bit better. Can any of you brilliant audio folks steer me in the right direction, or, provide a type of formula that I can set one of the clips to to better match the other?

I will totally be your best friend..

Battle Vaughan
November 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I'm thinking a little reverb to match the reverb in the first clip to the second clip --not echo, reverb,it's a different effect-- and some eq to pull down some of the higher freqs in the second clip, or a little boost to the 150-300 range in the second clip to match what may be proximity effect bass in the first clip....that's when you speak real close to a directional mike and it emphasizes the bass to some degree...

Rick Reineke
November 10th, 2011, 06:19 PM
You may be over-thinking this. The 2nd clip has more high-end (above 2kHz) than the other. Some EQ is in order for sure. You're never gonna match it exactly. I hear this all the time, even on multimillion dollar features.. cuts from body mics, to boom, to ADR. Pretty obvious to a trained ear, but the average viewer???