View Full Version : Compact Flash Sandisc Issue

Joe Thompson
November 11th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hi Folks,

This might be the wrong forum for this, but would be interested to see if it has happened to anyone, and if there was a successful outcome.

Bought 2 x 60 MB/s CF cards recently, with the UDMA indicated on them. Initially, all my CF cards were at least 30 MB/s, but I experienced bother on the rented 7D, with card write errors displayed, so have been upgrading gradually to faster 60 MB/s cards specifically for the 7D. All cards I have, are fine on the 5D.

Perhaps I forgot to format new cards before use, I can't recall, but one of the cards does no longer detect in the card reader, & I have some files that I really need to retrieve from it. I'll bring it in somewhere tomorrow, unless of course someone can provide a solution that I could try in the meantime, such as recovery software etc.

Jeff Harper
November 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I've had the same isssue with a Kingston card using the GH2. My solution was to hook up a USB cable to the camera and download. I would suspect the same option is available with the 5D.

After repeated use and reformatting, eventually the card started showing up in the card reader again, and all is well.