View Full Version : Vegas Pro 11.0 Boot Problem

James Kuhn
December 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM
I thought I had this issue resolved, but it has returned. I upgraded my Win 7 Pro 64-bit today, downloaded all of the recommended 'updates' and when everything stopped 'whirring' my icon for VP 11.0 was gone, so I got out my trusty media disc and reloaded the 64-bit version. Everything was good up until then. After VP 11.0 finished downloading, I tried to open it, much to my disappointment, it 'freezes-up' when it gets to 'Creating windows...' . I then have to use 'Task Manager' to shut it down and it always tells me 'Program not responding', which I already knew.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I think all S/W hates me.

P.S. Removed the 'application' and re-loaded it from the Sony website.

J.

Duane Adam
December 1st, 2011, 06:16 PM
This version isn't ready for prime time (see my thread below). Things improved for me when I uninstalled all previous versions except v10, but there are still issues.

James Kuhn
December 1st, 2011, 06:32 PM
When I first got the upgrade, VP 11.0, it would not get past, 'Creating windows...', then after several reloads, it somehow 'resolved' itself. Now, I know things don't just 'fix' themselves, but that's what it seemed to me. Now after updating my Win 7 Pro, the 'issue' has returned. Fortunately, my VP 10.0 is very stable, so for now I guess I'll put the VP 11.0 on 'the shelf' for now. It's a shame Sony released this with problems.

J.

Jeff Harper
December 2nd, 2011, 01:35 AM
Duane, my own experience was that I had to do a full format of my OS drive, reinstall Windows, and I personally pass on most updates, especially IE9. IE9 was a real problem for me. I pick and choose updates carefully.

Then I installed Vegas 11 and all was well, as long as I have GPU acceleration turned off.

Roy Feldman
December 2nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Be sure to start Vegas as administrator, even if you are the only user, right click

Duane Adam
December 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Duane, my own experience was that I had to do a full format of my OS drive, reinstall Windows, and I personally pass on most updates, especially IE9. IE9 was a real problem for me. I pick and choose updates carefully.

Then I installed Vegas 11 and all was well, as long as I have GPU acceleration turned off.

Thanks Jeff, I caught that on the other thread. I couldn't get V11 to open on three different computers which all had V7 through V10. In my case the problem was V7 as I uninstalled it and V11 opened. Still crashes when using Sonnox (Sony) audio plugins, I've sent Sony three e-mails but haven't received a reply as of yet so my upcoming projects will be done on V10.

Ron Evans
December 3rd, 2011, 03:36 PM
Well I had none of these issues . Both 32bit and 64 bit loaded with no problems and run just fine. Still have V10 installed in fact. All run on my system, Win7 64 Home Premium. I usually keep two version so when I got V11 I uninstalled V9.
Ron Evans

James Kuhn
December 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Ron...I'm happy for your success. What's strange, VP 11.0 exhibited this same 'issue' when I first got it and loaded the program, then it 'miraculously' healed itself. Then, it started it's bad behavior again after I did an Windows 7 Pro upgrade. I don't know what's happening.

The good news is VP 10.0 is still working fine.

Regards,

J.

Ron Evans
December 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Were any other drivers updated? Video card ? Quicktime?

Ron Evans

James Kuhn
December 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Ron...well, 'tis the season' for miracles, I just decided to try VP 11.0 and it loaded up perfectly fine. Go figure. The only thing I've changed is I 'removed' Explorer 8, which I gather, Windows automatically enabled when I loaded the program. I just don't like Explorer, I removed it for no other reason. Now, this could only be a 'happy coincidence', I really don't know.

With all of this said, I still don't think I'll be using VP 11.0 for anything important.

We'll see what happens.

Best regards,

J.