View Full Version : Recorder Image Quality Tests - Vortex Media

Dan Keaton
December 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Dear Friends,

Mr. Doug Jensen, a Sony ICE Team Member and noted publisher of in-depth books on various cameras has performed tests on a group of currently available video recorders.

These include the Gemini 4:4:4, the nanoFlash, the AJA Ki Pro Mini, the Sound Devices PIX 240 and the Cinedeck Extreme. And the files were recorded to SxS cards in the Sony PMW-F3 which was used to provide the video signal to each recorder.

Doug tested each recorder under very carefully controlled conditions.

Doug recorded the same scene / setup with each of the recorders.

Doug offers no opinion or advice as to which recorder is best; he provides the files, for a fee, so that each interested person can evaluate the files, using their own criteria and techniques.

We provided a Gemini 4:4:4 to Doug for these tests. We were not present for these tests, nor were we a part of these tests. These tests were not commissed by Convergent Design. And, at this time, I have not seen the test results.

PMW-F3 S-LOG & External Recorders Test Drive (http://www.vortexmedia.com/F3_TEST_DRIVE.html)

Steve Kimmel
December 6th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the post. I just ordered these -- will be very helpful in making a decision (I hope!).

Dave Sperling
December 8th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Kudos to Doug for both getting this footage together and for making it available!