View Full Version : Lots of Noise

Bill Weaver
December 15th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I've been doing some test shooting with my 60D in movie mode, w/ Bloom recommended setting, indoors with 640 iso.

The noise is really distracting. I get much less noise on a 1/3 inch chip camera. Am I doing something wrong? These cameras are supposed to do quite well in low light.

Matija Petrovic
December 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
well what lens do you have?

Jerry Porter
December 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I have found that if your are very underexposed on the 7D it will get noisy. I like to set the exposure one notch down from the center mark on the meter and get great shots up to 1250.

Murray Christian
December 16th, 2011, 02:47 AM
It'd be better if you could somehow give an example.
No offense, but there are plenty of people around who I find to be anal beyond all reason about noise, which makes it hard to gauge what one person's 'too much noise' is really like.

Buba Kastorski
December 16th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I've been doing some test shooting with my 60D in movie mode, w/ Bloom recommended setting, indoors with 640 iso.
The noise is really distracting.
did you use the same lens as Bloom?

Bill Weaver
December 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM
did you use the same lens as Bloom?

No. A modest 50mm EF 1.8

Nigel Barker
December 17th, 2011, 04:59 AM
I have found that if your are very underexposed on the 7D it will get noisy.Amen! This is true of all the Canon DSLRs. Don't be afraid to use the higher ISOs as long as the image is correctly exposed noise will not be a problem. You cannot underexpose & then push it in post or it will just look awful.