View Full Version : clip browser creates duplicate clips

Robert Bobson
January 15th, 2012, 05:58 AM
I use clip browser to capture from card in EX1R to computer folder.

Sometimes the longer files get copied 2 or three times. the files that end up on the computer are named something like "203_1", "203_2", "203_3"... and the additional versions all look identical.

I use an MXM adapter with a Sandisk 32 G card...

Anyone know why this is happening?

Zoran Vincic
January 15th, 2012, 07:58 AM
They're not identical but your NLE sees them that way when you ingest the footage with clipbrowser. They're actually spanned clips which you can check by playing them outside of the NLE.

Do not delete them they're not dupes.

Robert Bobson
January 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I see now - the first clip is always 3.36G long - so that must be a maximum length that can be recorded in a clip? Yikes - I hope I haven't deleted any clips from my computer that I thought were redundant ....

Do you know what happens when you compile a project for archiving? does the NLE know to include those multiple clips? I edit with Premiere Pro...

thanks for the heads up!

Vincent Oliver
January 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
You can just drag the clips onto the timeline one after the other, Premiere brings them in as individual clips.Although having said that, I have also just dragged an entire stage play in as one file (45minutes). Will check this out. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you Export from ClipBrowser then the files are split, if you drag the file straight from your hard drive then you will bring in the entire production.

Robert Bobson
January 15th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I bring the clips into the computer via clip browser, and they're separate clips - labeled for example as "245_1", "245_2", and "245_3".

But in Premiere Pro, each of the clips contains all three clips. so if I put all three in the timeline, the entire long clip is repeated 3 times.

Not sure what's going on. somehow it knows that the three clips are meant to always play as one longer clip, and so any of the three plays that way?

Zoran Vincic
January 16th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Robert, that's normal.

Had you just copied the cards without clipbrowser you would have to import and join the clips in Premiere manually, one by one.