View Full Version : Yet another Titler Pro bug...

Magnus Helander
January 23rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
In Vegas Pro 11 x64 build 521 I was making text-changes to titles using Titler Pro build 111213.

When closing the Vegas project and re-opening it all changes to the text/titles were gone.
Even after pressing ctrl-s. Outstanding.

I have identified the problem. Titler Pro does not mark the Vegas 11 x64 project as "dirty and save before closing" after changing something in Titler Pro.

So, when (1) opening the project/VEG, (2) making changes to titles in TitlerPro, and then (3) closing ..

Vegas DOES NOT SAVE THE PROJECT (EVEN IF PRESSING CTRL-S) because Vegas thinks nothing has changed.

To make Vegas actually save a new VEG-file I have to make another change (example: move an empty event one frame on timeline) to make vegas notice that something has changed and write a new VEG!!!!

Can someone pls verify this, or is it just me...

/magnus

Magnus Helander
January 23rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
New Blue confirms...

After you have finished making changes to the title, please make sure you CLOSE the Titler dialog box. It appears you need to close the dialog in order for Vegas to see the changes. Also, make sure you SAVE the project before exiting Vegas as the project also does not seem to be set to "dirty" so it won't ask. We are researching why this is the case.

Matt Bigwood
January 24th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the information Magnus. I didn't know this and last week had six crashes one morning when trying to use Titler Pro.

Edward Troxel
February 17th, 2012, 02:13 PM
A new update for the Vegas Pro 11 Titler Pro bundle is now available. Go to the same download link sent from Sony. The "check for updates" option should also work.

Robin Davies-Rollinson
February 18th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Ed,
I've downloaded the update from within Vegas Pro 11, but when I try to install it, it asks for my activation number. I've pasted the original number in, but it won't procede with activation - and the build number within Vegas hasn't updated either...
..and I was looking forward to some bug-free use of what should be a very good titler app.

Edward Troxel
February 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM
The serial number entered during installation is provided by Sony. The serial number you previously received should work there. If you're talking about the retail version, that is an entirely different serial number. As you also started a help ticket on this (not sure WHY you posted it here as you started a help ticket) and I have already answered you there, I certainly want to get you going - perhaps send a screenshot to the help ticket of the screen that is not working for you.

Robin Davies-Rollinson
February 18th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Sorry Ed, a bit of over-reaction on my part.
I've now got it all downloaded and activated, but not without a lot of trouble. There was one space inserted in front of the numbers, so that was corrected. Then it would stop loading halfway through with error messages about some Ogre.dll...
In the end, I just rebooted the system and tried again, this time with great success.
One thing however, I can't seem to get rid of "insert text" on the source monitor pane. Even when I change the text to what I want, it stays in the background - even on render. Any thoughts?

Robin Davies-Rollinson
February 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Another update...
"insert text" removed (just closed the project and re-opened.
I have to say guys that I'm really blown away by the stability of this update.
I've been trying out 3D effects and movements that I wouldn't have dreamed of trying this morning - with no crashes and everything running as sweet as can be.
Thanks NewBlue!

Edward Troxel
February 20th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks, Robin, that's good to hear. We have been working hard on improving stability and killing as many bugs as we can find as well as adding some new features!

One thing to note about installing: Vegas must NOT be running when you run the installer (especially if it was previously installed). Even if you shut down Vegas, it will not always completely shut down. If you open Task Manager, you'll see Vegas is still running. I'm sure that was the issue in your case. The file in question could not be saved because Vegas still had it locked! After the reboot all was fine because Vegas no longer had it locked.