View Full Version : Hi from Crawley, near Gatwick Airport UK

Claire Staniford
February 17th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Hi everyone, just joined here.
I work at Excelsior Studios in Crawley as a film technician, mainly do green screen work but I've done many different types of filming since 1986 professionally and since 1973 as a hobby.
It seems I was born with a fascination for moving images and am lucky enough to have found Paul my soul mate who is also fascinated with moving images.
I use a variety of cameras from Sony DSR450 DVCAM to XDCAM HD, Sony NXCAMS, GoPro and even 3D.

I did the Sony 3D craft course last year which was good fun but I don't think there is much of a market for 3D in the corporate world.

I'm a long term member of The Guild of Television Cameramen and hope I've got a few years left to enjoy my life obsession.

I'll try and post bits of information that I come across that may be useful.

Claire

Gary Nattrass
February 18th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Welcome to the forum Claire and there are a few of us brits here amongst the madness! ;0)

Mike Beckett
February 18th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Gary seems be insinuating that we are sane and everyone else isn't. Hmmm....!

Welcome to DVinfo.net Claire, it's great to have someone of your experience on board to inspire minnows like myself. We look forward to your contributions!

Allan Black
February 18th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cool Claire, can you shoot some stuff out the window I'm into airplanes :)

Cheers.

Gary Nattrass
February 18th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I was just thinking that sometimes we in the UK have it far easier seeing the world in 25fps rather than 29.97, 23.xx or even 31.xx not to mention audio at 44.056 or 47.975 ;0)

Mike Beckett
February 18th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Just think what it's like in Australia, Gary... everything's upside down there, I'm going to have to get my camera converted to -25fps when I go there in April!

Gary Nattrass
February 19th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Does that mean you have to hold your UK camera upside down and do the pixels go the opposite way too just like the water going down the plughole? ;0)

Mike Beckett
February 19th, 2012, 04:42 AM
I'm not saying anything more... I want to make it through border security in one piece!

Jordan Brindle
February 19th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Welcome Claire, Brighton here so not far! ;)

Roger Shealy
February 19th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the forum! By the way, do you guys drive your airplanes from the wrong side also? : )

Bill Elder
February 25th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Welcome! You'll love this place and the people.

Mark Morreau
February 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Hi Claire,

Nice to see you here: hadn't seen you at DVDoctor for some time!

Cheers

Mark