View Full Version : 5d mk 3-Memory cards

Greg Harris
March 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I have my 5d mk3 and some lenses on order. I plan on shooting 70% video and 30% photo, what cards would you guys recommend me getting that will support video and timelape shots without any issue?

Thanks

Chad Dyle
March 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have been using the Transcend 32GB cards for over 2 years now and haven't had any issues with them. B&H had a sale on the Sandisk ones a few months back, so I grabbed a few of them as well. No big differences between the two that I can tell. I also have both cards in SD and the Transcend cards format faster in my 60D. Not sure why that is. I have heard some bad stuff about A-Data in the past. Just stick with a name that you have heard of and you should be fine. At least with the mk3 you should be able to have it mirror (?) the data.

Jon Fairhurst
March 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Keep in mind that in ALL-I mode, the cards need to record video twice as fast as with the previous generation of Canon DSLRs. Until Canon makes a recommendation for minimum speed, I'd buy a small, fast, name-brand card to get started.

Greg Fiske
March 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Greg, if you have an ipad, you can get a wifi sd card, set sd to jpeg, cf card to raw and send the small jpeg to the ipad for a great tethering option.

Greg Harris
March 6th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys.

What class SD cards? I have a bunch of class 6 from my HMC150.

Should I be good with this?

SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro CompactFlash Card SDCFXP-032G-A91 B&H

Or

Lexar 32GB Professional 600x Compact Flash Card LCF32GCTBNA600