View Full Version : Oh no! My baby is injured!

Marco Leavitt
September 6th, 2005, 07:14 PM
My Optura 60 won't power up all the way. If I insert a tape I can get it to operate in VCR mode, but in camera mode, it doesn't get past the title screen. The Canon logo comes up, and that's it. Even weirder, it won't shut down. When you turn it off, nothing happens. Anybody seen this before? Is there a way to get it to reset? This camera is barely two weeks old. :(

Michael Wisniewski
September 6th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear that Marco, definitely exchange it right away, it is not working properly.

Marco Leavitt
September 24th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I seem to be plagued with equipment problems lately. My mixer died today too. Damn! Anyway, I sent back the other Optura and the vendor sent me out a new one. Something weird happens in record mode. The LCD image is split exactly in half (there's a visible line running down the center) and on the right side the image is slightly courser and noisier. This is visible on a monitor as well. As bad as it's sounds, it's barely noticeable. In fact, in most situations you can't see it all but. When you fill the screen with a solid, dark image, you can just make it out. It doesn't appear to be recording to tape. Is this just an Optura quirk? I didn't notice it on the last one. Should I send it back?

Chris Hurd
September 24th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Should not be happening -- send it back!

David Ennis
September 30th, 2005, 11:47 AM
You might want to try the reset button first. Microprocessors get into wierd states sometimes.