View Full Version : new firmware, HPX370

Philip Fass
March 27th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Has anyone installed this yet? The information provided is vague...it's to "improve process."

Paulo Paulino
March 27th, 2012, 10:26 AM
same question, can´t understand pana explanation.

Scott Elkins
March 27th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Well I took a chance and installed the new firmware. So far I have not encountered any problems, but I’m still checking. I thought I would try it because I still have a copy of the previous firmware update. If I encounter any problems I will post it right away.
Scott

Konstantin Kovalev
March 30th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Not sure why someone would expect problems from a update that's supposed to improve stability.

...Which is kind of strange in itself considering Panny camcorders are the most stable tech I ever used.

*updating anyway*

Philip Fass
March 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Konstantin, in other technologies this happens all the time. For example, Apple releases an update for its Mac OS, then another to fix bugs in the first update, then another....

Philip Fass
April 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Anyone who had success with the new firmware using a Mac? I guess there's an incompatibility, but I don't remember how you fix it.

For me, the HPX sees the SD card well enough to format it, but not well enough to see that there's a firmware update on it.

I've read that a PC helps the situation, but I don't have one.

Scott Elkins
April 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I used a Mac Pro. I first formatted the SD card in the camera then inserted the card into the Mac Pro and copied the update, then back to the 370.
It worked fine.

Konstantin Kovalev
April 9th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I use a Mac too, card worked fine.

Philip Fass
April 10th, 2012, 04:57 AM
I guess it's a mystery. I've used the same SD card and process to install an earlier firmware update. I don't suppose it could be that I was on Snow Leopard then and Lion now?