View Full Version : Nanoflash with canon xl h1

Joris Donvil
May 24th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Next september were shooting our next short film with the canon xl h1, 3x wide lens and the 14x manual lens.
Since these lenzes aren't hd, is it worth buying a nanoflash for this project? (and others ofcourse).
+
My old pc with firewire died last weekend so I will have to look for a new one (actually an old one since firewire is old and the new pc's dont support it anymore)
With nanoflash I can use my laptop I have now but the price between an old laptop and a nanoflash is a big difference ;)
So people, what are your opinions about this subject?

Michael Galvan
May 25th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Adding the Nanoflash to my Canon XLH1S really has been worth it. It does increase the quality of your footage a good amount, while giving you a tapeless & tape workflow at the same time.

Dan Keaton
May 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Dear Joris,

The answer is yes.

You have two great lenses for the XL H1.

The 14x lens is great as is the 6X.

If you near someone with a nanoFlash, just try it.

Joris Donvil
May 25th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Thank you very much for the response.
The 2 lenzes are not hd, but does anybody know what the results are when you shoot with these lenzes in hd?
I would like to try it, but no pc to transfer it... so I will have to wait for a new nanoflash ;)

Mike Wattley
May 28th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Hi Joris,

I am Mike Wattley - Distribution Manger at Symbiosis (Symbiosis | Distributor for professional video tools | Europe, Middle East and Africa (http://www.symbiosis.eu)) - we are the exclusive EMEA Distributor for Convergent Design. We can always arrange for you to have a demo of the NanoFlash via one of our local dealers in Belgium if you wanted to test the recording capabilities and work flow of the NanoFlash?

The NanoFlash comes with a USB Compact Flash card reader, so although Firewire may be your preferred transfer mechanism, there are alternatives...

Please feel free to contact me if you wanted to have a demo of the equipment, or if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Mike

Joris Donvil
May 31st, 2012, 09:19 AM
Hello Mike,

I've been searching on your site for a local dealer and found one.
The funny thing is that I rented some light equipment at the same local dealer before!
Thank you very much.

Mike Wattley
June 6th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Joris

That is great news - I am glad you managed to find the dealer information.

Please let me know if you need any further information.