View Full Version : have been using neoscene, might upgrade?

Dave Morgan
May 30th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I have been using Neoscene for a while to convert DSLR footage & footage from a Panasonic af100 to Cineform files.

If I upgraded to cineform studio premium what advantages would I get, is it worth upgrading?

I looked on the product grid but neoscene isn't listed so I'm not sure what advantages I would get.

using premiere pro cs5.5
gtx 560HD
intel core i7 920
16 gig ram

Randall Leong
May 31st, 2012, 05:06 AM
Yes, you will have to upgrade. Unfortunately, NeoScene is now EOL, and there is absolutely no direct successor to it. In fact, there is a gaping hole in the current Cineform Studio line between the free Cineform Studio (which IIRC does not have an Adobe plug-in to allow exports to Cineform in its current release) and the $299 Cineform Studio Premium (NeoScene was priced at $129 when it was last sold).

Dave Morgan
May 31st, 2012, 10:34 AM
the question wasn't If I have to upgrade, I don't Have to upgrade. I use 5.5 and neoscene works fine with that.
I was wondering what advantages are from neoscene to studio premium.

David Wayne Groves
May 31st, 2012, 12:15 PM
One big advantage is the ability to apply color correction , white balance as well as loads of effects on the fly with the included first light feature without having to re-render your footage...