View Full Version : quote vs reply

Henry Posner
May 30th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I just visited a thread running 5 pages and for almost every entry there was a 'quote' option allowing me to precede my comment with the entry I wanted to comment on. There were a few though for which I saw a 'reply' option but no 'quote' option.

Just curious...

Adam Gold
May 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I believe Quote is available for all but the last post. You never need quote for the last one since that's assumed to be the one you are replying to. If you really need to extract just part of it as a quote, you can hit the little quote marks next to the Reply button (multi-quote) and then hit reply, which will enable you to extract the quote.

At least that's how I think it's supposed to work.

Garrett Low
May 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I just visited a thread running 5 pages and for almost every entry there was a 'quote' option allowing me to precede my comment with the entry I wanted to comment on. There were a few though for which I saw a 'reply' option but no 'quote' option.

Just curious...

Never noticed that before.

I believe Quote is available for all but the last post. You never need quote for the last one since that's assumed to be the one you are replying to. If you really need to extract just part of it as a quote, you can hit the little quote marks next to the Reply button (multi-quote) and then hit reply, which will enable you to extract the quote.

At least that's how I think it's supposed to work.

But you can use the Multi-quote button which appears to be available on every post.

-Garrett