View Full Version : Canon XL2 Adaptor Holder

Fred Mitchell
June 20th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I just got my XL2 and it came with the adapter holder, but the holder is missing the "knobs" for the lack of a better word, that help mount accessories such as the CH-910 Battery Charger. Anybody know where I can get these "knobs"? The adapter plate is threaded so I suspect the "knobs" screw in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Fred

Les Wilson
June 21st, 2012, 07:07 AM
I don't know exactly what knobs you mean. But if you experiment with some assorted screws in your workshop, you can figure out what screw size and thread the plate has been tapped for. It'll be something like #8-32. Than look at places like McMaster-Carr in the crews and bolts section for thumb screws etc:
McMaster-Carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/#screws/=i2ncl2)

Don Palomaki
June 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Or visit your local hardware store or Lowes, Home Depot, etc. They usually have a section with specialized nuts and bolds in the hardware section. Often in special drawers or compartmented trays as opposed to the bulk bins. You can find things like thumb screws, wing nuts, speed nuts, lock nuts, nylon screws, knurled head screws, etc. You may want to bring the mounting plate with you to be sure you get the right sizes. That can avoid the minimum order issues and shipping charges of mail order houses if you only nede a few.

Fred Mitchell
June 26th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Here is a pic of the knobs I am referring to. The CH-910 has skeleton key holes that fit over the knobs to hold it in place.

Don Palomaki
June 26th, 2012, 01:25 PM
If all else fails, try call Canon support. (Number should be ontheuser manual.) You can order parts there.

Fred Mitchell
June 26th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help.