View Full Version : FS700 Emergency! Please help!

Michael Stewart
July 5th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Just purchsed my FS700 last week, love the camera, tried to load a picture profile from FS100 (from SDHC card) and messed up the camera, no problem, reset to factory specs, everything works fine, but now there are no Picture Profile factory settings, if I change one profile, all change to the same one! Sony wants me to send it in! I don't see how that could have messed it up permanently. They are trying to find another FS700 to get the profiles off of to send to me to load to see if it works. Can someone please save and send me there stock picture profiles. Save to card, pull off the card (folder tree = Private-Sony-Setting) and email to me? AEMIKEA at hotmail.com soooo depressing

Thanks
Mike

Chris Medico
July 5th, 2012, 07:40 AM
The setup files between a EX1 and EX1r are not compatible. Why even try it between different model cameras?

Michael Stewart
July 5th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I viewed it like a text file, most products would just not accept it, had no clue it would go into firmware. We are talking settings not programming new features on a camera. I could have easily tried to load a corrupted FS700 file and well have had the same outcome. Regardless learned what not to do now.

Mike

Chris Medico
July 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Let us know if reloading the setup file worked.

Michael Stewart
July 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks, I will, as soon as I get one:(

Mike

Chris Medico
July 5th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I sent you one via email. You should have gotten it 15 min ago. Sent to your hotmail address.

Michael Stewart
July 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks!

Mike

Michael Stewart
July 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM
It worked! Thanks Chris!

Mike

Brian Rhodes
July 5th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Just purchsed my FS700 last week, love the camera, tried to load a picture profile from FS100 (from SDHC card) and messed up the camera, no problem, reset to factory specs, everything works fine, but now there are no Picture Profile factory settings, if I change one profile, all change to the same one! Sony wants me to send it in! I don't see how that could have messed it up permanently. They are trying to find another FS700 to get the profiles off of to send to me to load to see if it works. Can someone please save and send me there stock picture profiles. Save to card, pull off the card (folder tree = Private-Sony-Setting) and email to me? AEMIKEA at hotmail.com soooo depressing

Thanks
Mike

I was just about to to try this myself glad I read your post.

Michael Stewart
July 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Glad I could share my mistakes:) I spoke with the Sony project manager, they said they were going to look into fixing that, they said it should have never let me do it in the first place. Glad my enthusiastic mistake could help out the community:)