View Full Version : 3D film fixes vision problem.

Adam Stanislav
July 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Now this link is nice: BBC - Future - Health - How a movie changed one man’s vision forever (http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20120719-awoken-from-a-2d-world/1).

Matt Faw
July 20th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Very cool. My story is somewhat similar. It wasn't a movie that woke up my stereo vision, although "Meet the Robinsons" was the film that opened my eyes to how pleasurable cinematic 3D could be. However, it is precisely because my own stereo vision has woken up so much, over the last decade or so, that I am so motivated to be involved and producing in 3D. I can't take it for granted!

Adam Stanislav
July 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
What amazes me most about this case is his age. It happened to him at the age of 67. Traditional wisdom has always assumed that we sexagenarians can only move down the hill and here is someone even older than me whose perception has improved after watching a 3D movie. :)

Sareesh Sudhakaran
July 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
I have had a similar feeling after watching a stereoscopic movie. My 'appreciation' (for lack of a better word) of 3D in the real world increased.

I wonder what will happen if I continuously watched 'badly produced' stereoscopic videos.

Neil Richards
August 1st, 2012, 10:19 AM
I had a similar experience, showed one of my stereo 3D movies (a contemporary dance sequence) to a lady friend a few months back who'd been told by doctors she couldn't sense any depth or see in 3D. She said it would be a waste of time to watch it and I said well lets try anyway. Started the film and she went "hey!" and then the dancers arm came out of the screen and she was going "I can see it! I can see it!" so I said there you go, you're not stereo blind after all.

Adam Stanislav
August 2nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
I said well lets try anyway.

That’s the way to do it! :) I bet she was glad you did.