View Full Version : NewBlue Titler Pro Update Needed?

Dennis Vogel
August 1st, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm looking at an ad from Sony for NewBlue Colorfast. I note that on the Compatibility tab at the NewBlue site it says:

If you have NewBlue Titler Pro installed, Titler Pro will need to be updated in order to work properly
when ColorFast is present on the system. Click to download.

Does anyone know if there's any reason to install this Titler Pro update if I'm not going to buy ColorFast?

D

Edward Troxel
August 2nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
You're not forced to do so but there should be no issue in doing so. The main fix in the latest release is compatibility with ColorFast.

Dennis Vogel
August 2nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
That's kinda what I thought. Thanks.

D

Robin Davies-Rollinson
August 5th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Well, it's been some time now since I wrote about my problems with Titler Pro not rendering out - and I've still not been able to sort things out. I can see the text supered on any video on the preview monitor and can animate it etc. However, as soon as I hit RENDER, the text disappears from the preview and upon playing back the rendered file, zilch.
One of those silly little inconsistencies with PC systems I guess.
I'm glad that I didn't have to pay for the titler since it came bundled with v11 - and at least, the legacy 2D titler works just fine...

Edward Troxel
August 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Robin, have you started a help ticket at NewBlue? If not, please do so. If yes, please put a new note in it.I've never heard of any issues with it disappearing on rendering.

Robin Davies-Rollinson
August 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Yes Edward, I did that when the problem first showed up - but they couldn't think of any reason for it not to work.
I just don't even think of using it now, and I might just as well delete it.
Maybe, one day when I change my PC for something faster, I'll try it again. Thankfully, I don't often need 3D graphics, and if I do, I've got BluffTitler on hand which works just fine!