View Full Version : Slow shutter capabilities on FS700?

Omar Nabulsi
August 4th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Hello,

I am wondering if FS700 users can chime in on what slow shutter capabilities are available with the Sony FS700. I enjoy 30 second exposures with my Canon 5D Mark 3 and am wondering if such exposures are possible in stills mod on the FS700 as well.

Can current owners comment?

Thank you in advance,
~Omar

Matt Davis
August 4th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Unfortunately you're limited to 1 sec exposures at 1fps. I've gone back to DSLR for the more intense forms of timelapse. An intervalometer and 'Accumulation' shutter like the EX1's would be a welcome addition to the firmware.

Omar Nabulsi
August 4th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Darn. Thanks for the reply Matt. At the moment that is the only thing holding me back from making the purchase. I suppose I will have to wait and see what sort of firmware upgrades get released for it.

Thanks again.

Matt Davis
August 4th, 2012, 04:27 AM
I wouldn't hold out too long - if you're really into long exposure video timelapse, then a weather sealed DSLR would be a better side-bet. The 1sec/1fps S&Q mode isn't half bad for getting that 'busy crowds, scudding clouds' look.

If you're looking for super streaks, I have seen software for VJs that does a similar sort of job with real-time or near real-time footage, speeding it up in the process. Trouble is, I failed to 'clip' the info. :-(