View Full Version : New videography website - thoughts?

Stefan Gill
August 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM
We recently had our Long Island Wedding Videographer (http://www.whitediamondvideo.com/long-island-wedding-videography.html) website built by a local designer and we would love to hear fellow videographers thoughts/comments/feedback, thank you!

PS, a blog is coming soon!

Click this link: White Diamond Video (http://www.whitediamondvideo.com)

Thank you,

Roger Van Duyn
August 20th, 2012, 08:11 AM
It's an attractive website, easy to navigate and the pages all load quickly.

Stefan Gill
September 4th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks Roger,

Joe Piechura
September 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I like the website, but personally, I'd like to see an example of your work on there somewhere.

Stefan Gill
September 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
The video samples are under reviews... Too hidden?
That is a good point I very well may change the tab name to ... now what should I call this page ...

Ervin Farkas
September 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM
"Portfolio" is a common name for the samples page.

I also like the classic look, nothing fancy but to the point, has good info. I would bring down the sharpness of the first picture of the three in the rotating banner on the home page - brides might get turned off ("he's gonna show all my spots")...

Stefan Gill
September 5th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Thats an interesting POV "he's going to show my spots"...
Portfolio, yes we tried to do something different but sometimes too different is confusing. Time to call the web designer ;)

Thanks,

Allan Black
September 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM
One good way to get preferences for titles is to make a list of half a dozen of your best, and get friends to rate them 1-6 .. maybe you did?

But imo as far as the bridal couple are concerned, the only 'White Diamond' at the ceremony will be the sparkler on the brides finger,
they spent countless days and dollars on. They might think, nothing should detract from that.

Having said that, the site looks good, I'd make a 'colored' top menu title list.

Don't forget to watermark your portfolio videos.

Cheers.

Joe Piechura
September 6th, 2012, 04:35 AM
The video samples are under reviews... Too hidden?
That is a good point I very well may change the tab name to ... now what should I call this page ...

Maybe. I did click on that page, but I didn't notice the links to watch samples.