View Full Version : DSLR/AG-AC130 Slider

Greg Thuente
August 21st, 2012, 06:01 AM
I am looking to add a quality slider to my gear. I use both a DSLR and a Panasonic AG-AC130 for my shoots. Any recommendations on a slider that will work for both cameras? I have looked into the Konova a bit as it seems to be a more affordable bearings slider. My budget is $300-$600.

Also, any advantages/disadvantages of a slider with a hand crank?

Thanks.

Nate Haustein
August 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Really like the Digital Juice Slyder Dolly. I have the 40" and it's plenty long. Works great with anything from a DLSR to a fully-loaded AF100 or RED!

The problem with sliders is that the really lightweight, portable ones you can use all day long usually can't support anything more than a lightly-equipped DSLR. The heavy-duty ones won't bend or bind up with heavier loads, but it's more of a chore to set up and transport. Gah! Might as well get both :)

Nigel Barker
August 21st, 2012, 11:48 PM
That Digital Juice Slyder Dolly looks really nice for the larger cameras. For smaller & lighter cameras (& the AC130 is smaller & lighter) the best slider that I have used is the Kessler Pocket Dolly Philip Bloom Signature Edition. Sadly it's also the most expensive slider that I have ever used at over $1000 so I don't yet own one. It's lightweight, portable, smooth etc etc It does have a hand crank but as it's a 1:1 it doesn't really help making the slides any smoother or steadier. The slightly cheaper regular Pocket Dolly is very good too although it doesn't have the variable drag of the PBPD. I saw a post from Joe Simon on Vimeo the other day where he was singing the praises of the new Kessler Stealth Dolly which looks like the PBPD without the crank.