View Full Version : Scan invitation settings?

Darryn Carroll
September 4th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hello all, just a quick question about scanning invitations for inclusion on DVD, any "perfect" settings to use when scanning? I shoot in SD and create SD DVD's, scan at 300 dpi, my invitations often come out "less than perfect".....

Chris Harding
September 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Hi Darryn

I would have thought that scanning the invite would be a bit bland for video..surely it would be a lot better to actually film it at the reception setting or even a fake setting? Even on a table with two red roses and pan across or down the card would create a nicer picture and less sterile than just a doc scan.

Chris

Asvaldur Kristjansson
September 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Better to videotape it not straight on but from an angle so the viewer will see it as a card in sted of fullscreen graphic.

Darryn Carroll
September 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks for suggestions, will give it a try tomorrow

Don Bloom
September 4th, 2012, 09:23 PM
The last time I scanned one (only for a slightly blurred background for another shot) was about 2 years ago and I can't think of the last time I've scanned one in for use on it's own. I do what the other suggested. I shoot it generally with the rings on it. Sometimes straight on, sometimes from an angle, depends on the invite and the way I placed the rings.
Try it, you'll like it! (old Alka Seltezer commerical tag line)

O|O
\--/

John Knight
September 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Don't forget to use some nice "page-flip" and "random-blocks" transitions with that!

Jeff Harper
September 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
For ease of use and the highest quality images, I photograph invitations and programs. I add motion and effects in post.