View Full Version : Handling Audio with post in mind, how do you handle it?

James Palanza
September 13th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Reeeallly getting tired of having to sync/deal with 4 sources of audio from my weddings. Camera 1, Camera 2, Lav and podium/shotgun.

Any creative solutions? I really wish I could just be running all of this out to some single recording device..

sigh.

Kelly Huffaker
September 13th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I used to have that same problem. I hated syncing audio from 3 sources during the wedding ceremony. Lav mic on officient, lav on groom, and external recorder next to speaker..........along came PluralEyes for Premiere which I believe was for Final cut only, and it took a $&#@ load of my headaches away!! no joke!!

Chris Harding
September 14th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Hi James

I trust you are using cameras that cannot record audio or have poor audio??? I record straight into XLR channels and all my audio is synced already with the vision.

Timeline sync is really not a big issue as long as it's locked to vision ...portable recorders are another issue of course!!

Chris

Renton Maclachlan
September 14th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Pluraleyes... Singular Software - PluralEyes (http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html)

Bill Grant
September 17th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Hire an editor :-)
Bill

D.J. Ammons
September 17th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Plural eyes is amazing! One of the best values for the money. Like cell phones and microwave ovens once you have it you wonder how you lived without it.

Noa Put
September 17th, 2012, 10:05 AM
If it's one continuous recording like the ceremony it's no big deal for me to sync 3 camera's and 4 separate audio recorders, maybe 10 minutes and I"m editing.

For speeches it's actually the same, I use separate recorders for that, could be a feed from the mixer in my zoom h4 or maybe I attach my yamaha c24 to the mike's handle and syncing these is quickly done as well, I have had mixed results with the trial from plural eyes as it messed up my timeline and just got a part right.