View Full Version : Video doesnt play well on Vimeo

Rich Mayer
October 18th, 2012, 12:16 AM
I would like to use Vimeo as my main channel for upload my videos but Im finding some problems with the website when playing videos. I uploaded this commercial using 3 different specs, I even used their own recommended specs and I still get this distortion on the video at seconds 5 and 11 on all versions.

The same video is uploaded on youtube and I dont get the problem... anybody encountered something similar or have any advice??
Thank you... here are the videos:

VIMEO LINKS (all show the same error)\

COOL DE SAC demo on Vimeo
COOL DE SAC FINAL on Vimeo
COOL DE SAC COMMERCIAL on Vimeo

YOUTUBE LINK (no error)
COOL DE SAC - YouTube

Steve Game
October 18th, 2012, 02:24 AM
They all look pretty much the same to me (when the You Tube video is set to 720p as for Vimeo default).
Exactly what fault is it you are seeing? At (roughly) 5 and 11 seconds, there is a graded wipe transition which pixellates slightly, but that is probably the codec running out of bandwidth, and it looks the same on both Vimeo and You Tube.

Rich Mayer
October 18th, 2012, 10:11 AM
wow geee myself :) !!
I never bothered to check on another computer and you are right Steve... the problem is my laptop I guess... plays well on my cell and other PC.

I wish I could erase the thread now but I guess I cant, well let it be a lesson for other videographers, always check your videos on another computer to see how it plays

Cheers!!