View Full Version : FS700 no sound at 50fps?

Shidan Saberi
November 14th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Hi,

I used the fs700 today at 50fps to record a interview. I monitored sound and sound was coming through great. But when i put it on computer there is no sound. Is there anything i can do? Why do the sound bars and monitoring work if it is not recording sound. That is incredibly misleading. I am very stressed right now as I could lose a important client.

Is there anything i can do?

Will Salley
November 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM
How did you select 50fps? If you used the the S&Q setting, you didn't record audio, that's why there is a slash symbol going through the meters during S&Q mode. If you set the camera to record in PAL @50fps in the camera menu, you should have audio.

Check to make sure you have correct audio settings on timeline (on computer)

Shidan Saberi
November 14th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I recorded it normally.

I checked the footage on a different computer and there is sound. Im so glad.

Someone told me just then that cameras cant record sound at 50fps and up. He shocked me so i checked my 7D and i did have sound at higher frame rates.

I think my computer must have been missing a codec required to play it.

Thanks for your reply though

Al Yeung
November 22nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Player software problem. Vlcplayer can't do 50 or 60p with sound. I haven't found any software on windows that plays 50 60 p avchd clips properly aside from premiere. Anyone has suggestions?

Claire Watson
November 22nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Splash Lite is good.

I edit 1080/50P in Edius 6, exporting either to MPEG2 or AVCHD, this player handles either format perfectly, very smooth player, no frame drops or stuttering on my i7 920 machine.

Free Splash Lite - Next Generation Player homepage (http://www.mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html)