View Full Version : GH3: Gold King Mine, Jerome Arizona

Dan Carter
December 23rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Still searching for subjects to produce aliasing and moire with the GH3. This project involves more movement, more shallow depth of field and yet more opportunity for digital mud. Fortunately, at a camera setting of MOV(1080,30p), in my opinion the GH3 produces no more aliasing & moire than the GH2.

Pleasantly surprised with the much improved continuous autofocus and exposure of the GH3. With the GH2 AE/AF Lock is usually needed for pans & tilts. Auto focus and exposure changes are butter smooth with the GH3, even when moving between very different subject distances.

Panasonic DMC-GH3: Gold King Mine, Jerome Arizona on Vimeo

Leon Kolenda
December 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Dude,

Love that desert stuff! Very nice Video, I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe a bit too sharp?
Looks incredible especially for vimeo. I seem to see a very small white outline along the trees and and any other subject matter that contrasts with the sky. Reminds me of a sharpening halo.

What do you think.

Dan Carter
December 31st, 2012, 02:47 PM
Dude,

Love that desert stuff! Very nice Video, I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe a bit too sharp?
Looks incredible especially for vimeo. I seem to see a very small white outline along the trees and and any other subject matter that contrasts with the sky. Reminds me of a sharpening halo.

What do you think.

Thanks for the positive comments Leon.

After reviewing reference photos taken before each video clip, I believe you may be seeing sun reflected off dry foliage.

Thanks for looking.