View Full Version : EA50 Rain Cover?

Dan Eskelson
December 31st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Am looking for an appropriate rain cover for my new EA50. The new Camrade seems a bit spendy - $185.00 USD - but built specifically for this camera. It may be impossible to use the loupe with any but custom designed model, but on a rainy day perhaps the LCD screen would work well enough.

Looking at the large selection of Kata covers, but have no experience with rain covers at all...these do have clear viewing area for LCD screen.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Dan

Steven Digges
January 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Dan,

I can give you a little bit of information. When it comes to rain covers always at least look at Porta Brace. They are spendy, but IMHO the best and worth every penny. Many of them are also tailored to fit specific cameras. It looks like the EA50 is too new for a release yet. But I'll bet they will make one for it soon.

My EA50 will arrive next week. I have an old Porta Brace slicker for the Cannon XL series of cameras. I will get it out and see if it is usable at all until they make one for the EA50.

Porta Brace also sells their prototype models (hand made originals) on E-bay. I have snagged some good deals there.

Steve

Dan Eskelson
January 4th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Thank you Steve,

Your recommendation is well taken...I'll keep an eye on PortaBrace.

Have fun with your new EA50. I am really enjoying mine...see another thread on this forum for some footage.

Thanks again, and take care.

Dan