View Full Version : Highly Successful Kickstarter Video

Chris Brooke
February 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Not often scrolling quite so far down on the DVInfo forums list, I hadn't realised there was a work showcase area.

Last year my I was contracted to produce a Kickstarter video for a well known video games company who wanted to finance a new video game independently from a publisher.

Anyone familiar with Kickstarter will know that a good video is key to attracting pledges and my client, Revolution Software wanted to go all out.

Chiefly the MD of the company wanted to appear in a scene of the game with his characters.

I wanted to use this as an opportunity to shoot exclusively with a DSLR, which I hadn't done before, so I hired a Canon 5D MkII, a set of primes, a slider and Red Rock shoulder rig.

We were looking to raise $400,000. We made $800,000!

The video was extraordinarily successful, featuring online in the Guardian, Wired, GamesSpot amongst others.

With the game now in development we have produced several lower budget update videos which will continue through 2013, hopefully to include a 'making of' series.

The green screen section was produced using a combination of After Effects and Maya, with final editing done in Premiere CS5.5.

If anyone is interested here is a link to the main vid Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse Adventure by Revolution Software — Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165500047/broken-sword-the-serpents-curse-adventure)

Alan Melville
February 21st, 2013, 08:21 PM
Chris,

I thought that was really well done.

Al

Chris Brooke
February 22nd, 2013, 03:35 AM
Thank you!