View Full Version : New film shows off what the NEX-EA50 is capable of

Chris Quevedo
March 13th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Here's an awesome new video that shows off what this camera can do ;-)

Sony NEX-EA50 - My Carnival day in Brazil on Vimeo

Jerome Cloninger
March 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
That was very very nice!

Noa Put
March 13th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Saw that one already, really liked the color, according to the maker it was filmed with a standard profile, I have asked if that was picture profile "off" or "1" but have not received an answer yet.

Dave Vickers
March 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Great film - love the colours! Lenses and profile info please? really nice.

Chris Quevedo
March 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
the posted his description in portuguese but when you translate it i think it was standard profile and the non-powered version of the 18-200mm zoom that it comes with. it was a pre-production model so the servo zoom version might not have been available at the time it was made

Noa Put
March 15th, 2013, 01:22 PM
To me it was not clear if "standard" means "off" or picture profile 1?

Noa Put
March 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM
He just replied and said it was set to "off", sooo, then it's safe to say that for sunny outdoor "off" would be a good setting?

Noa Put
March 15th, 2013, 04:52 PM
I"m also surprised that the stock lens is able to provide such shallow dof? Anyone noticed this? The shots from the children at the end I thought it was done with a faster prime.

Chris Harding
March 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Guys

"My Carnival Day is Brazil" ???? The title is mystifying !! I just found shots at home.. Regarding the PP I still found that bright outdoors was a little too saturated and skin tones suffered a bit and people tend to look too tanned!! (According to the blurb, off, PP1 and PP2 and alsmost the same) I STILL like PP3 for skin tones and at weddings skin tones are important ..however what to do?? If I have people in bright outdoor scenes I'm tending to stay with PP3 and then just lift the saturation a tiny bit in post to make the grass a slightly brighter green without skintones going over board. Is it better to shoot PP3 which is a bit flat and lift saturation in post or do you think that using the default (or PP1/2) is a better bet and then de-saturate a bit in post.... Do NLE's handle oversaturated or undersaturated footage better or doesn't it matter?

Nice footage though ...sorta "Noa" shots so I can see why he likes it!!!

Chris

Steven Digges
March 16th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Chris,

" Regarding the PP I still found that bright outdoors was a little too saturated and skin tones suffered a bit and people tend to look too tanned!!"

It was shot in Brazil.....

Steve

Chris Harding
March 17th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Hi Steve

I was actually talking about my own footage! Skin tones with default off setting seems to give them a more than healthy tan!! The best I can find that keeps me happy for shots outdoors with people in them is to shoot everything in PP3 as it is and then on outdoor shots I just lift saturation in Vegas 10 using the CC plugin up from 1.00 to around 1.5 (max is 3.00) and that brings up the outdoor colour rather nicely without over-doing skin tones. For indoor shots PP3 left alone looks pretty darn good to me!!

I did realise that people in Brazil have a darker complexion than some of us Aussies but in his video the skin tones still looked a little oversaturated to me and they also seem to lose hilights quite fast when you go into deep shade. However any better suggestions for a PP with people in it would be welcomed.

Chris