View Full Version : New office construction [CLIP]

Jerome Cloninger
March 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hey guys, I went by and checked out the new office/studio space's construction and filmed a little bit. It's not a perfect shoot, but good test of dynamic range and aliasing/moire.... Read the description on vimeo too... but feel free to comment!

New Office Construction on Vimeo

James Manford
March 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Nice video

What lens? stock?

Jerome Cloninger
March 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Nice video

What lens? stock?

Thanks. Yes, all with the stock lens. I was going to use my 35mm Rokinon but it wasn't wide enough for all the shots. It was rather dusty in there and I didn't want to change lenses ;-) ISO was never over 2500.

Don Bloom
March 28th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Nice but I didn't see the area for the most important piece of equipment. The coffee machine. :-)

Jerome Cloninger
March 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Nice but I didn't see the area for the most important piece of equipment. The coffee machine. :-)

HA! There wasn't ANY light in the kitchen and restrooms....

Don Bloom
March 28th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I do some of my best work in the dark! ;-)

Wes Browning
March 28th, 2013, 09:09 PM
What was your picture profile setting?

Jerome Cloninger
March 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
What was your picture profile setting?
BLACK LEVEL: 0
GAMMA: Cinematone1
BLACK GAMMA: High +5
KNEE: Manual 105% Slope -1
COLOR MODE: Cinematone2 Level 8
COLOR LEVEL: -1
COLOR PHASE: -1
COLOR DEPTH: R -5, G -4, B -5, C 0, M -2, Y +5

IMPORTANT!!!! Set your White Balance by Kelvin! Don't use auto nor set with white/gray card.
This also gives a nice skin tone on the people I've tested so far. I need to test on some other skin tones ;-)

NOTE that I did add about 15% saturation in post. With the high knee, you may need to pull the white levels down with Luma Corrector or in Vegas' Levels plugin. I also added 0.25% sharpness.

I ended up with these values after playing with a few FS100 profiles.