View Full Version : Sony PMW-200 Received!!

James Kuhn
April 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM
As the 'subject' states, I received my PMW-200 on 4/10/13. Included in my purchase are 32G SxS-1 cards, 32G XQD cards, Model SBAC-20 Card Reader, Sony ECM-MS2 Condenser Mic, Sony 0.8X Wide-Angle Adapter and batteries. The camera kit also included a 16G SxS-1 card which I was not expecting.

I must have gotten the last one on the shelf at B&H, because right after my shipment was confirmed, the dreaded "back order" graphic in red letters came up with an EDD of April 30th.

The camera is what I expected. Robust and business-like in appearance. All controls are logically laid-out. I like that the 'Audio Block' is well recessed into the body, so it's harder for dials and switches to get inadvertently knocked or bumped.

I'm so glad I have Doug Jensen's "XDCAM HD422 Mastering Sony's PMW-200, -160, -150, -100 XDCAM Cameras" DVD set. The 'DVDs' make a rather steep learning curve manageable.

Oh, and BTW, the 'silver' SxS card slot cover is beginning to grow on me. : ) You certainly can't miss it. Maybe we can start a new 'club', "Knights of the Silver Doorway" or something equally pretentious. : )

Regards,

J.

Larry Kropp
April 20th, 2013, 10:25 AM
James did you notice any greenish tint in the LCD display? Thanks.

Larry

James Kuhn
April 21st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Larry...thank you for your inquiry. No, I haven't noticed any 'greenish' tinge within the LCD. It was one of the first things I checked when I received the camera. If that changes with time I'll report back, but so far, nothing.

Thanks for asking.

J.