View Full Version : What are the details of the HVX-200 Uncompressed out?

Laurence Maher
September 26th, 2005, 02:29 AM
I've heard that it happens via hd-sdi. Can it also happen over firewire? What is the transver rate when going out uncompressed? Is if 4:4:4? Anyone know?

Thanks

Barry Green
September 26th, 2005, 03:25 AM
There is no HD-SDI port on the HVX, or on any under-$10,000 camera other than the Canon XL H1.

The HVX does uncompressed video through its analog component outputs, the same way the Sony and JVC cameras do.

You cannot transfer uncompressed through the firewire port on any of these cameras.

Walter Graff
September 30th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Don't forget folks that quality is not just about resolution numbers. These are still 1/3 inch chips. As a result as much as you can get out of a camera will not necessarily be better. In fact if your lens is not between wide and 5.6 you aren't really seeing Hd anyway. Personally I'd rather have an SD filmout of a 2/3 inch camera than an Hd filmout of a 1/3 inch prosumer camera. I'd wait till the smoke clears before buying the P2 camera. There are simply too many great things happening in the next year that might not make the camera what folks think it will be.

Steven Thomas
October 1st, 2005, 01:17 PM
I'd wait till the smoke clears before buying the P2 camera. There are simply too many great things happening in the next year that might not make the camera what folks think it will be.

Well, the smoke just cleared!
I'm ordering (preordering) the HVX200 Monday morning!

I've heard nothing but good news from respected individuals (Barry & many others) that have attended resent Panasonic Resfest. I've been following the news on this camera since last April.

Steve

Obin Olson
October 2nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
Walter, have you seen RAW from the dvx100a? it's amazing, looks like a DI from a film scan...

www.reel-stream.com