View Full Version : Can anyone say "uncomfortable?"

Pages : 1 [2]

Chris Harding
September 25th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Hi Clive

I don't even include anything unfortunate on the DVD unless of course the bride specifically asks for it.
We did a wedding 3 weeks ago where the bridesmaid came down with her groomsman after the signing and didn't notice the step down so ended up in a crumpled heap on the floor. I just automatically cut that out and cut the footage back to the B&G exiting down the aisle then back to the now recovered bridesmaid so, in the video, nothing happened!

I know it's our job to accurately record the day, but some things should be left out IMHO and an angry outburst would be one of them.

I'm sure most brides would want the day to look perfect

Chris

James Manford
September 25th, 2013, 02:06 AM
With Chris on this one ... I'll just creatively edit the video in a way any 'bad' things are completely left out. Yes,it's not showing the day exactly as it unfolded but i'm sure anything bad is the last thing the bride needs reminding of...

I don't bother calling / asking the bride or groom if I should leave any occurrence out either. I just voluntarily keep it out ... contract does say I have editing rights and pick and choose what I want as long as the main bits are in the video.

If they want me to put it in for free my instant reply would be that it will cost £XX.XX an hour in editing/rendering time, if there is anything else you want as well I can squeeze it in during that editing time.

It's never happened yet, hopefully never will!

Tim Lewis
September 25th, 2013, 02:10 AM
I filmed a friend's wedding and their guest singer sounded like "a dog howling at the moon". I thought this a strange choice as the groom is an accomplished musician. Not one note made it to the final edit.

Don Bloom
September 25th, 2013, 05:40 AM
As I have said time after time, in this industry nothing beats good common sense!
I may document the day but when editing I start by cutting the air and the inappropriate and go from there.
As for the right to post the clip, it's possible the videoguy talked to the B&G before doing so...at least I hope he did. While he own's the rights to the footage I would be remiss to post something like that, that could embarrass the B&G or family.