View Full Version : Vegas not Importing MOV files correctly from GH3

Jerry Neal
October 13th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Hello,

I shot some footage with my Panasonic GH3 in the high-bit-rate MOV format. When I import this footage into Vegas, only the first few seconds of the file is normal. The remaining footage does not have audio and appears to be a still or freeze frame? Is there any fix for this? I'm using Vegas 10 64 bit.

Thanks,

Jerry

Willard Hill
October 14th, 2013, 03:02 AM
I ordinarily shoot at 50mbs and all works well, but I have shot at the high bit rate and the entire file that I shot was there, but as you mentioned the video portion goes well beyond the audio, but it is just a frozen frame from the end of the audio on. The actual file is only as long as the audio portion. If you grab the right edge of the frame on the time line and pull it back to match the audio, the entire clip that you shot should be there. If not, I have no idea what is going on. I would like to see this fixed as well as it is time consuming to trim every clip, but as of now that seems to be the way that it is.

Roy Feldman
October 14th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Just finished a major project with a GH3 .mov 50 mbs in Vegas 12, over 50 clips with no sync problems what so ever.

Geoffrey Chandler
April 7th, 2014, 11:20 AM
The actual file is only as long as the audio portion. If you grab the right edge of the frame on the time line and pull it back to match the audio, the entire clip that you shot should be there. If not, I have no idea what is going on. I would like to see this fixed as well as it is time consuming to trim every clip, but as of now that seems to be the way that it is.

I just got a GH3 and I'm experiencing the same thing when shooting at 24P. Every clip I have to move the blank or still video to match the audio.