View Full Version : Newbie help! Canon Gl2 turns off in camera record mode!

Martin Giron
October 21st, 2013, 09:46 PM
Newbie help! GL2 turns off in Camera Mode!
Hello I have to GL2's the first one worked fine for 2 years then it when I placed it in Camera mode the screen turns off and it does not record!! When I place it in playback mode it works fine! I have checked everything! The battery, have connected it with the direct power and still nothing. I bought another GL2, used of course and it worked good for like six months and now this one is doing the same???? Whats happening, anybody know? I've looked everywhere in this forum for a topic regarding this issue but I cant find anything.... if some one can tell me or direct me to where the thread for this is at I would sooo appreciate it! I don't know if im doiing something wrong???

Don Palomaki
October 24th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Not sure if this fits your case but one thing that has caused issues (i.e., emulating a dead camcorder) for some people is if the standby/lock level is in the lock position.

Marty Hamrick
March 2nd, 2014, 01:01 PM
That just started happening on my GL-1 and did the standby lock thing and its fine. Now I got the rewind error, so I'm gonna try the manual rewind thing.