View Full Version : Need help media composer 7 to pro tools

Joe Batt
November 10th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Hi guys, I'm editing in MC7 and I want to export a project for someone to edit all audio in pro tools on a different machine in a different town. I have MC7 and not pro tools and he has the opposite (pro tools and not MC7. How do I give him a folder or file with everything he needs to open it up and begin editing audio with reference video? I don't want to render out a movie because I want him to have access to the individual tracks and audio clips.

Jody Arnott
November 10th, 2013, 10:50 PM
It's been a few years since I did this, and it was on MC 5.0 so it might be different... but if memory serves you just go File > Send To > Pro Tools

I believe this method creates a low res movie so the audio guy has something to reference, then it dumps all of the audio tracks and data in a folder.

Again, it may have changed, and it's been a while so don't take my word for it :)

Joe Batt
November 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks Jody, I tried that and it gave me an error. Something about not being able to create a file. I was thinking the error was caused by me not having Protools on my machine. Thanks!

Chris Medico
November 11th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Are you using AMA media?

Joe Batt
November 11th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Chris, no, I imported all the media.

Chris Medico
November 11th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Can you put up some screen shots so we can see the selections and the error you are getting?

Joe Batt
November 11th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Chris, Here are some screen shots of the error I'm getting. One shot of the bin. One shot of the first error message, then one of the second error message.

Chris Medico
November 14th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Sorry for the delay in my reply.

That seems to be a very odd error. Can you please post one more set of screens showing your export options for the AAF?