View Full Version : Created with Media composer 7 Only.

Arbel Rom
November 13th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Here is a new Corporate video I produced and shot.
This was edited on Media Composer 7, with no After Effects whatsoever.

‫??? ????? ?????? ????? Ducart Group Corporate Video‬‎ - YouTube

As always, C&C welcome.

Roger Van Duyn
November 14th, 2013, 07:37 AM
I'm impressed. You used a lot of effects, but somehow avoided overusing effects. That's hard to do. The effects didn't draw attention to themselves. They weren't distracting.

What's more important than the effects package you used is how well you used the tools available. I've barely scratched the surface of AvidFx included with MC. In fact, I'm still learning new things that I can do from the basic effects within MC.

Again, impressive work.

Arbel Rom
November 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks!
Indeed, Media Composer has many tricks and features we don't use enough.

Simon Denny
November 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Hi Arbel,
I really enjoyed that edit and thought you captured the business.

Was this cut on Mac or PC? If Mac what OS where you running.
I use Avid MC 5.5 on Snow Leopard and was wondering going to upgrade to 7 but I dont think it will run on SL.
Hey did you shoot that? what cameras and sliders, jibs did you use.

Cheers

Arbel Rom
November 15th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Hi Simon.
This was edited on Media Compser 7 on a Dell T7600 running Windows 7 64bit.

This video was shot using 3 cameras:
Sony PMW-500 on a 15ft motion controlled crane.
Sony EX-3 with Dana Dolly
GoPro Hero 3 for "special" shots.

Arbel.

Simon Denny
November 15th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks Arbel, great work mate.

Chris Medico
November 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I like the shots and the editing. Thumbs up for sure. To me it felt a little long overall. In my opinion you could tighten it up a bit and tell the same story in about 2/3rds of the time and have a stronger video. Something in the range of 2:30-2:45 would be much stronger.

My other comments have nothing to do with your shots or editing but have a lot to do with how the video is perceived by a potential packing client. The worn paint and staining of the floor jumped out as not so good as did the paint on the top of the fork truck at around 40 sec in the video. The printing machines look much nicer than the space they are occupying. A few cans of paint applied to the floor around the machines and the warehouse trucks would make the video more impactful. Once you see defects in the space you start looking at them and for them instead of taking in the message about the quality printing and packaging.

Justin Molush
November 16th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Nice jib work, well done.