View Full Version : Sign Up - 6th Annual DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge!

Lorinda Norton
December 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
Filmmakers and wildlife videographers unite! It’s time for the 6th Annual DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge! Starting Dec 12, you will have one month to plan, shoot, edit and submit your entries. Submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. PST on Jan. 12.

Just like last year, rather than offer a prize for you to receive, you get to offer up a prize-winning entry to benefit the charity of your choice. Dylan will receive donations from contestants, supporters, friends, family—anyone who wants to join the fun of giving to a charity determined by the winner.
You don’t have to donate to sign up, nor do you have to sign up to donate! Be aware that when you sign up OR donate, you automatically become a judge in this round. Donations may be sent to softserveinc@hotmail.com. More info on donating will be posted in another thread, so watch for it if you have any questions.

Rules for both DVC and UWOL apply and are pretty similar, so pick one set and run with it. The time limit will be FOUR minutes, with an extra 20 seconds allowed for credits if absolutely necessary. UWOLers may post to their personal YouTube or Vimeo pages as well as to the UWOL Vimeo page.

BUT...here’s a caveat to the whole deal: We will run this challenge *if* we get TWENTY people or more signed up, so let’s get going and pass that mark well before the start date. Sign up now!

Henry Williams
December 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
I'm up for it :)

Mike Sims
December 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM
I normally can’t sign up for a December Challenge because of another commitment, but it isn’t an issue this year. At the very least, I can throw my hat in to help make sure that there are (more than) TWENTY signed up! Also, I have a new specialty camera on order which will be delivered just in time and I have learned that there is nothing better to get me motivated to learn to use new kit than a good Challenge. Good-luck, all.

Trond Saetre
December 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
I'm definitely in!

Linn Jones
December 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
I am in!

Exiting! Love the charity aspect of it! :)

Marc Burleigh
December 1st, 2013, 04:14 PM
Count me in

Chris Barcellos
December 1st, 2013, 06:07 PM
I am in too !!

Jeremy Doyle
December 1st, 2013, 09:14 PM
After being on the wall of shame the last go round, my schedule is looking pretty good for this one. Sign me up!

Paul Wood
December 2nd, 2013, 03:31 AM
Count me in, too!

Simon Wood
December 2nd, 2013, 04:00 AM
Me too………….

Tim Lewis
December 2nd, 2013, 04:52 AM
Count me in too.

That gets us half way!

Toni Dolce
December 2nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
I'm signing up!

David Cummings
December 3rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
I'll give it a shot

Dylan Couper
December 4th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Occurs to me that both myself and Shaun Roemich are still on the wall of shame from 2 years ago. He's in Mexico right now, definitely not reading this, so I think it's pretty safe for me to sign him up while he can't say no.

Finn-Erik Faale
December 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Count me in.

Bill Thesken
December 6th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'll give it a go!

Shaun Roemich
December 9th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Occurs to me that both myself and Shaun Roemich are still on the wall of shame from 2 years ago. He's in Mexico right now, definitely not reading this, so I think it's pretty safe for me to sign him up while he can't say no.

BUTBUTBUT....

Okay...

:(

Trond Saetre
December 11th, 2013, 05:03 AM

Dylan, you forgot to sign yourself up, so I'll do it for you. :)
And Lorinda, you won't get away either... so you're in too!

Lorinda Norton
December 11th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Ha ha!! Well done, Trond. Thanks a lot, Dylan.

Still not enough signed up to start tomorrow. Come on, the rest of you--it's a lot of fun to GIVE, plus a good way to say you used your gear at the end of '13 and at the beginning of '14. Sign up, then get the creativity flowing this December/January!

Kevin Railsback
December 11th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I'm closing on a house Friday and moving over the next couple of weeks but Trond told me to get my ass over here and sign up.
So I'll put my name in the hat in case the theme is something I can do without a lot of trouble in between moving.

Bill Thesken
December 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM
LOL - I was just about to sign Kevin up...
looks like 18 are signed up. Who else can we sign up and let them
know later... Chris Hurd maybe?

Trond Saetre
December 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Yes, Chris must have forgotten to sign up as well. It is about time he joins us, don't you think...

Meryem Ersoz
December 11th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Count me in.

Blame Trond for that as well. Damn Facebook....

I could use a little time off the computer and out in the world with a camera....get out and shoot something. More than about time. Who else can we shanghai??? Lemme go see if I can drag in another warm body or two!

Dick Mays
December 11th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Okay, okay, my life is complicated right now, but if it helps to get to twenty, I'm in!

Bruce Foreman
December 12th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Count me in.

Who else can we shanghai??? Lemme go see if I can drag in another warm body or two!

(GASP!)

Looks I just got "shanghai'd"....Don't know as I'd qualify as a "warm body", just got in from photographing Christmas lights and we've got a cold front hasn't left yet.

Fingers still feel froze...

...OK...Count me in

Ben Robbins
December 12th, 2013, 02:58 AM
How could we say no?

Count it, I'm in the spirit.

Geir Inge
December 12th, 2013, 03:59 AM
I quote Meryem Ersoz (taken from fb):
"Come get your ass kicked by a bunch of Norwegians and a yeti. They're really good filmmakers. Where's Geir Inge B. Brekke? Did you sign up yet?"

Well I'm here you freaking lovable woman, and I'll give it a try.

Nick Hiltgen
December 12th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I'll put my name in to if it's not too late. Out of practice and my name has been on the wall of shame for far too long.

Lorinda Norton
December 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
You did it, guys and gals!! Now even if you signed up just to help make the magic 20, give it your best shot to complete an entry. Hang on...theme is coming after a shot of coffee.

The sign up remains OPEN!

Andrew Hood
December 19th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I'm in. We have some time after the chistmas madness to finish things off I see.

Dale Guthormsen
December 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Lorinda,

I am going to sign up, but to be honest I may not finish out, but I will give it a shot.

dale guthormsen

Dylan Couper
January 7th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Holy smokes... I've actually completed a DVC that's LEGAL!

Bill Thesken
January 9th, 2014, 01:48 PM
I went a little out of bounds on this one.
I finished my entry, but I’m not sure if I will release it. It may be too controversial.
It’s legal per DVC rules, but has the potential to put me and DVinfo.net on some agencies ‘list’.
I think I should run the film by Lorinda first to get a ruling.

Lorinda Norton
January 9th, 2014, 02:16 PM
No "out of bounds" that I can see, Bill. I can have Chris look at it just to make sure.