View Full Version : Help me cut through the clutter - best approach to delivery?

Kell Smith
December 11th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I keep getting lost in the maze here. Please forgive me for asking a question that has been covered but quite honestly I'm getting a headache from this and would be highly grateful to anyone feeling generous enough to pass along a solution.

First time burning HD to DVD. Ever. Video from a wedding. I need simple menus, basic chapters, and a video backdrop of my own design, with my own graphics.

Will my Apple USB Superdrive handle this? Is there a solution that will allow for a printable label also? I've never even used a dual layer DVD.

Is there a free solution for authoring this? There is nothing in my system now that I am aware of, that will do this. I just moved and am not yet working and truly can not put anything out for software until I am.

What is the industry standard for delivery now? As far as I can tell, BluRay? I may have to go to a local post house to burn.

As for my system, I am working on Mountain Lion, on an older copy of FC Express. I have Media Composer, but I have not learned it yet, had to finish the project, and Avid DVD does not work on Mac. I do not have a PC at this time that will handle something like that. My VERY old copies of DVDSP will not work on Mountain Lion and are not HD anyway from what I understand. And the older Macbook they will work on is not equipped to handle video.

Maybe if I could find a way to encode the files, I could bring it to a local post house to burn - but again, until I am working, cost is a factor.

Thanks in advance for any guidance here.