View Full Version : Is it strange for you to attend a wedding without filming it?

Adrian Tan
December 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I don't think I've attended a wedding as guest only since I started filming weddings.

Have you, and how did you find it?

I think I'd probably be bored out of my mind, to be honest, and would feel like a smoker without a cigarette in his hand. I'm pretty sure I also couldn't resist checking out what any paid photographers/videographers were doing.

David Barnett
December 12th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Haven't been to one in a while either. I'm sure I'd check out the photog/video & their gear, and in my mind review & grade how they're going. One things for sure tho, I am now boss at the Cupid Shuffle & Cha Cha Slide! ;)

Chris Harding
December 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I had a friend who was a photog and wanting to get into video, tag along with me on a shoot. He spent more time telling me what the couple's photog was doing wrong rather than concentrate on the video side.

I suspect we would probably keep a close eye on what the video guy was doing!

Chris

Tim Lewis
December 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
It must be. The last wedding I went to as a guest was my cousin's, three years ago. I took my camera and filmed it anyway.

Don Bloom
December 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I was a guest at one earlier this year. I knew the video guy slightly, felt very antsy not being on the camera, yes I watched him closely and frankly couldn't wait to get out of there.
Kinda like a I felt the other day when I did my last, very last, very very last wedding of my career!

O|O
\--/

Tim Akin
December 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I film weddings no matter if I'm there as a guest or there getting paid. The last wedding I went to as a guest I was filming in my head, going over where I would set up the cameras and what I would be doing at different moments of the wedding......couldn't be helped.

Don Bloom
December 12th, 2013, 10:44 PM
It is my humble opinion that we are all very sick and need immediate attention. Either that or we needed to get to the free open bar much sooner.

O|O
\--/

Chris Barcellos
December 13th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I filmed most friends and family weddings I've gone to. When I don't, I can't help but still have one eye closed like I am looking through the view finder. :)

Arthur Gannis
December 13th, 2013, 12:43 AM
I went straight for the bar , ate like a pig and got my money's worth. I also danced with a few young ladies, had a great time. No kidding. I felt relieved of weight and I must admit that there were a few moments that I was looking for my camera somewhere which I didn't bring. I felt naked without my camera.

Eric Coughlin
December 13th, 2013, 02:06 AM
I also danced with a few young ladies, had a great time. No kidding. I felt relieved of weight and I must admit that there were a few moments that I was looking for my camera somewhere which I didn't bring. I felt naked without my camera.
You danced at a wedding with young ladies while feeling naked?

This is why I always bring my camera to a wedding when I'm a guest.

Tim Akin
December 13th, 2013, 07:37 AM
I went straight for the bar , ate like a pig and got my money's worth..

HAHA and I bet you actually got to finish eating too!

Arthur Gannis
December 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Ahhh ! being a guest has its rewards..