View Full Version : Red epic r3d files to cineform

Bob Hart
February 3rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
It's been a while since I converted r3d to cineform. I tried it on today and got a good smackdown for my trouble as it broke r2cf.exe. A previously successfully convertible r3d file also fails now. The program is command line, a mongrel for an idiot like me to cope with at the best of times.

The file was also not recognised by Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 which plays the same trick. My guess is that somewhere along the line Red changed the rules or something broke in Premiere Pro CS5 too.

I can't find anything on Adobe for updated support for r3d file import for CS5. CS5.5 is catered for. My guess is that legacy support for CS5 has gone to the good Lord above or the fires of hell below.

I further guess I just have to be a good little cashcow, do as I am told by Adobe and update to the C.C rental arrangement. That is not going to happen. I'll revert to animating cave-wall paintings first.

Before I get the sulk and give up on anything Red-based, where I am at with Cineform is Neo v5.6.0 Build 338. It is probably too far in history back for any patches for later r3d to cineform file conversions.

I guess I am going to have to pay the man and update to a newer version of cineform.

Before I go to through that convolution, does anyone know if the newer cineform after GoPro, still works with Windows 7 and Premiere Pro CS5 and if there is a r3d to cf converter that is not a command line version?

Any advice will be muchly appreciated.

Bob Hart
February 8th, 2014, 01:22 AM
It was all my fault AGAIN. Some time back I had to do a roll back when something vicious was visited upon my computer and attempted to turn it into something about as equally useful as a washing machine timer without the washing machine. I had forgotten. I did an uninstall and re-install of Cineform Neo and everything is good again. I probably should update though.