View Full Version : computer screen capture software

Jim Stamos
March 5th, 2014, 08:45 PM
doing a corporate video with voiceover, showing actions on computer screen. any good softwares out there that will not show a degrading image. some that ive tried have horrible quality. filming the computer screen is weak.
thanks
jim

Tim Lewis
March 6th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Mac: iShowU
Windows: Camtasia

Finn Yarbrough
March 6th, 2014, 05:57 PM
If you have a Mac, Quicktime will do this (but without recording audio). Open Quicktime and select File>New Screen Recording.

Bill Rankin
March 6th, 2014, 06:22 PM
I use Adobe Captivate 6 .0 There's a little bit of a learning curve but definitely well worth it.

Don Bloom
March 6th, 2014, 10:51 PM
+1 for Camtasia. Very easy learning curve and to use.

Les Wilson
March 7th, 2014, 08:01 AM
If you have a Mac, Quicktime will do this (but without recording audio). Open Quicktime and select File>New Screen Recording.

Quicktime on the Mac is built-in and also does audio recording. You can choose audio inputs so external mic can be used. I use it often to record presentations. Even videos in presentations are recorded. The overall frame rate is a function of the resolution of the area you record and performance of your system.

Mark Watson
March 7th, 2014, 09:08 AM
I've been using Microsoft Expression Encoder. The free version has a 10 minute recording limit, then you have to hit record button again.

Mark

Malcolm Hamilton
March 7th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I use Telestream's ScreenFlow. Got it because I like their Episode conversion software.
Worth checking at least:

Screen Recording Software - Overview - Telestream ScreenFlow (http://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm)

Regards, Malcolm

Jim Stamos
March 8th, 2014, 01:40 PM
tring camtasia demo out, very easy, do not need audio. quality as an avi decent. doesn't show the cursor. are all capture softwares similar in that they don't show the cursor on the final copy?

Bob Jackson
March 8th, 2014, 03:38 PM
There used to be a screen capture in EXCam browser or one of the associated apps.

Mark Watson
March 8th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 gives you the option to capture the cursor.

Mark