View Full Version : Viewfinder for Canon 6D?

James Bishop
March 18th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I've just purchased a 6D and am having difficulty finding out what lcd viewfinder will fit..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve Bleasdale
March 18th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Zacuto pro, got two amazing and needed. steve

James Bishop
March 18th, 2014, 11:20 AM
That's out of my budget unfortunately.

Are there cheaper options?

Seth Bloombaum
March 18th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'm happy with the Hoodman Loupe on a 60D.

If I tried the Zacuto I'm sure I'd be spoiled, but the Hoodman has good magnification and an adjustable diopter. You do need to figure out how to attach - I'm using Hoodman's Hoodcrane, I wish it were easier to pop up out of the way one-handed, but it does work.

Hoodman HoodLoupe Professional LCD Screen Loupe H-LPP3 B&H Photo

Hoodman HoodCrane Universal Hot Shoe Mount for LCD HCRN B&H

Hoodman Cinema Kit Pro HCKP B&H Photo Video

Thomas Wong
March 20th, 2014, 03:18 AM
GGS Swivi Foldable 3X Viewfinder II for 3" LCD Screen HD DSLR Video Camera | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/GGS-Swivi-Foldable-3X-Viewfinder-II-for-3-LCD-screen-HD-DSLR-Video-Camera-/111142842611?pt=US_Viewfinders_Eyecups&hash=item19e0a130f3)

I bought this for my 5Dmk3. It's as good as zacuto
plus it has a eyepiece door. You can close it to prevent burning the screen under sunlight

Derek Neustaeter
March 30th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I too didnt have the budget for the over priced zacuto, I bought the Carryspeed VF4 and was quite impressed with the performance, great price and does the job fine :)

Tom Weistar
April 30th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Here is an Amazon link for the one I have been using on my 6D. I wanted to be able to interchange it on my 60D with the swivel screen, so it needed to be light weight. My Z finder was too heavy. This one flips up to see the screen directly and also has a diopter corrector. It is only about $50

Amazon.com : GGS Perfect HD DSLR LCD Foldable Viewfinder with 3.0x Magnification : Camera And Camcorder Viewfinders : Camera & Photo (http://www.amazon.com/GGS-Perfect-Foldable-Viewfinder-Magnification/dp/B004HD3G6Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398840974&sr=8-1&keywords=perfect+view+finder)

Steve Bleasdale
April 30th, 2014, 09:19 AM
i wasted 100 pound on cheap products, bought all sorts of viewfinders but only to bite the bullet on eBay used z-finders, best i have ever had reason being they don't steam up!!! the rest do!!

Jerry Porter
April 30th, 2014, 09:49 AM
If you are interested I have a Zucato Pro 2.5X that is pretty much like new in the box. I sold my 5D3 so I don't have any use for it now.

Bob Krieger
April 30th, 2014, 05:03 PM
I've used the Swivi on my 60D and 6D and they work like a charm. The only issue is that the mounting plate offsets the tripod mounting hole to the side a bit and make lining up other gear (Follow Focus, rails matte box, etc.) a real pain. For run and gun, no batteries and all is good.