View Full Version : Go Pro studio 2.1 issues in windows 8.1

Dmitry Kitsov
March 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM
A full no-go with the GoPro Studio Premium. Clips cannot be transcoded, show up black and progress stuck a 0 percent, previously transcoded clips are not controllable (primaries, color etc).
At the same time old version (very old) Neo 5.6 runs just fine.

David Newman
March 20th, 2014, 12:59 PM
What sources? This is not true for all cameras.

Dmitry Kitsov
March 20th, 2014, 10:48 PM
GoPro Hero 3 Black. In this case of this media the destination folder is filled with chunks 4 Mb each that are corrupt for each attempt to perform conversion

.mts from hacked GH2 are ok.

Previously converted to Cineform avi or mov - no go, cannot be adjusted in the edit page, unless converted to Cineform in the version 2.

Dmitry Kitsov
March 30th, 2014, 06:08 PM
the workaround for color adjustment on the existent cineform clips is to change zoom level (e.g. from 1 to 1.001). At that point any adjustment in primary and other groups become visible.If zoom reset to 1, then all of the adjustments become ineffective again.

James Kuhn
March 30th, 2014, 10:49 PM
I had problems with Windows 8.1 and my Sony Content Browser S/W. It is not compatible!

I ended up having to reload Windows 7 on my machine. Windows 8.1 is not a very good product IMHO.

BTW, if you want to get back to Windows 7 and have already loaded 8.1, you can't 'remove' 8.1! Microsoft deleted the 'remove from disk sector' command from the options. It permanently resides in a file called Windows dot Old.

My IT Service and I spent a week trying to understand what was happening and then reloaded MS Windows 7.

It was a nightmare! I also lost a client because I couldn't turn the project around in time!

JMHO, YMMV.

J.