View Full Version : UWOL29 - Sunrise and Sunsets by Trond Saetre

Trond Saetre
April 2nd, 2014, 02:35 AM
This is an unofficial entry for the UC29, and not part of the judging process.

If anyone thought it should be an advantage to both deside the theme and make a film, think again.
Took a long while before I even found an idea... which had to be changed due to weather.
Luckily the sunsets the last days before deadline cooperated very well, so I ended up just filming a sunrise and a couple sunsets 3 days in a row. At least the colors were pretty cool.

Sunrise and Sunsets on Vimeo

Sunrise and Sunsets - YouTube

Gordon Hoffman
April 3rd, 2014, 06:37 AM
Hi Trond. You can't go wrong with colourful sunrises and sunsets. A few jumps in your shots though.

Gordon

Trond Saetre
April 3rd, 2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks, Gordon. And yes, I am painfully aware of the jumps and bumps.

Marj Atkins
April 3rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
I agree Trond - you have such beautiful landscapes and the colours of dawn and dusk are equally beautiful. Not good when the weather does not co-operate.

Mike Sims
April 3rd, 2014, 02:15 PM
Hey, Trond. I’m glad you posted this. It’s always nice to have a few pretty sunrises and sunsets in the bag for whenever you might need them. What focal length are you using? That’s a nice choice of music. Which Smartsound album/clip is that?

Andrew Hood
April 3rd, 2014, 07:48 PM
Nice to have the extra film even if unofficial. Great landscapes, very dreamy quality to the drifting sun. The nearly black and white hillsides/mountains offset the brightly coloured Sun as a feature - thanks for sharing. Makes me hope winter is kind to us here - eg. I can actually ski more than a couple of times. I might even get to have snow in a UWOL entry of mine.
The camera must have been shivering from the sheer cold ;-)

Mick Jenner
April 4th, 2014, 04:08 AM
You can't beat a good good sunrise to start the day and definitely a good sunset and beer in hand to finish the day.

Great you took time to enter these

Mick

Trond Saetre
April 4th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Marj,
Thank you for the comments. Weather has been crazy so far this year. So when we finally got an impressive 8 days in a row with sunshine (first days without rain or snow this year), there was only one thing to do: Get the camera up and running as soon as possible.

Mike,
I didn't pay so much attention to the focal length, but since I used about "medium" zoom on my XF300, I guess around 2-300mm. Aperture was around 4-5.6 if my memory is correct. I also had -3dB and used the internal ND filters.
I'll check the Smartsound clip when I get back to my own computer.

Andrew,
Thank you for the feedback. Would be cool to see a winter film from you sometime. :)

Mick,
You are so right about that.

Paul Wood
April 4th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Trond,
As other have commented, a nice selection of sunrises and sunsets - aways nice to see!

Trond Saetre
April 4th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Thank you for the comment, Paul.

Geir Inge
April 5th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Thank you for sharing your sunshine with us, Trond.

Finn Yarbrough
April 5th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Lovely! I especially enjoyed the mountainous shots in that narrow valley. That's a place I'd like to visit.

Trond Saetre
April 6th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Thank you Geir Inge and Finn for your comments.